23 November 2014

A Decent Story, Peaceful Aliens and Some Fun Characters In A Blender


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1656001.The_Host?from_search=true
I Have Not Read any of the books in the Twilight series. I have watched all the movies, but I didn't read any of the books. I'm still not gonna read them. I consider it an okay story..But they are not in any way Good pieces of literature. No matter anyone says, I'm gonna stand on that! Seriously, I think even the fans of the series know that. The truth is bitter, but it is the truth.

So, I was really surprised when I read The Host by Stephenie Meyer and liked it even though it wasn't the kind of book about aliens I usually read. I'm not gonna be like OMG! That book is Awesome!! There were some things I didn't like, but overall it's a pretty decent read. This a short list of why I think you should give it a try.
Now, these are strictly my opinions.With that said let's get onto business!


( Note : It's still part romance genre book and it is slow paced )

1. The main theme of the book is complex and thought provoking. It basically reaches into what makes us humans into a deeper, psychological level.

NOOOOO!
Source : http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=14213

2.The characters are fun to read.  The protagonists are likeable and not one dimensional and bland. Especially the female leads. No, it's not like that! Thank God!





3. The writing is pretty decent. Stephenie Meyer is not there yet, but she has improved a LOT.

4. No, it's not only about a love triangle and not all the attention is given to that. It's there, but it's tolerable. Yeah, no, definitely not like that! Phew!

5. It is an enjoyable read (Yes, it is!).

6. The ending wasn't all that predictable. 


https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/jake-abel-gifs 7. The movie made it look more like just teen romance and that's not true (I saw the movie and then I read the book, so I know. Though Jake Abel made a more charismatic Ian! I mean, look at that face! Come to think of it, I actually enjoyed the movie as it had some action scenes in it)




Which do you think is the most over hyped book? I would say The Maze Runner!Hands Down! I hate Thomas! And there was so much build, the end was...meh...
Comment and Let me know! Thank you for reading. Please share your thoughts and if you liked the book, don't forget to tell me :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the host and I wish the author wrote a sequel!!! Great list btw :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know Sofia! I've been waiting for the sequel too! There are still a lot of unresolved issues with the aliens. I really do hope she writes it. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete

Hello *waving* I love hearing from you guys, but as we can't see each other face to face and talk, we'll just have to make do with our keyboards! So, the keys are all yours! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MS2