30 December 2014

My One New Year Resolution

Theme Song for 2015: Hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack 

Everyone's writing an end of the year post. I want to write something too, but I don't know about what..How can a post compass a whole year of moments, good and bad? 

New year right? WOW! It came on so fast, just like every year. Every time the year starts it's like a time bomb is ticking away and I feel exhilarated and forlorn at the same time.

(All the pictures are by my wonderful sister. There sis, Happy?! :D)

Well, life's not all that easy. You have good experiences, you have bad ones. 
 
beauty
 I Hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.
 



I remember whenever I had a rough time, I  would go stand here and I would instantly feel at peace. Looking at that waves, I would promise to myself "With the world being so vast, I will never in a million let a small thing like High school status quo or others opinion stop me from being me and doing what I love" and I never did.


Sometimes it can even get so bad that you forget to be alive. But, you gotta take a deep breath and believe that everything's gonna be okay Or else what are you gonna do? Live a shitty, depressed life? Nope.

Whenever the going gets tough, 
dark

The little things you enjoy can give you the greatest happiness.

us three
My sister thought these three monkeys looked like me, her and mom so she took a snap (Well, they are our ancestors I guess) :D

2014 wasn't a great year for me. In fact, I had a really tough time for 2 years and it wasn't easy at all. But, small happy moments made me kept going and not giving in to depression & failure. 

Like the time my mom bought me a pair of earrings shaped like slippers unknowingly, because she mistook them for arrows and I still wore them happily (It was our inside joke :D) Or the time I got the first ever comment on one of my blog posts! Or the time I read the entire City of Bones book by listening to Nick Jonas's Introducing Me on repeat!

When you really think about it, that's all you live for. A few minutes of true joy that you get not from money or popularity, but little, simple things like a cup of hot coffee on a chilly morning,  silly chatting with your best friend, a hug from mom, playing with your pet, devouring a Bournville (Yummy!)..Those are the things that make life worth living, worth enjoying. They remind you that there's still hope :)


 So, I have only one resolution to make that I want to keep for the rest of my life and I'm pretty sure I will keep it even though I'm bad at keeping resolutions (Which is proven with my track record of being a chronic procrastinator and a lazy ass in general).


My New Year Resolution : Enjoy The Little Things In Life

 

And I wish you a Very Happy New Year Guys!

 


I would love to hear yours! What are your resolutions for 2015? Comment and Let me know! Please share you thoughts!
Thank you for reading :) 
Until the next post,
logo




 




 




4 comments:

  1. OMG it came so fast... I still remember starting my blog in 2014. Me. Sitting down in front of a computer screen starting with my old blog design. I didn't think much about enjoying the little things in life and that, in fact, is a great goal to set for the new year. I hope you had a happy holidays and enjoy the new year!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I hope I would be able to say that about my blog a year from now! Really excited for all the new things this year's gonna bring!
      HAPPY NEW YEAR and you too have a wonderful holiday! :)

      Delete
  2. This was a wonderful post, and I couldn't agree with you more. It's the small moments; making your friend laugh until she snorts, a smile from a cute boy, a hug from your mom. Beautiful lady, thank you for the reminder this new year. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! Being called beautiful by a gorgeous, talented lady :)
      I hope you'll have more wonderful moments this year. Happy new year dear and have a great holiday! ^_^

      Delete

Hello *waving* I love hearing from you guys, but as we can't see each other face to face and talk, we'll just have to make do with our keyboards! So, the keys are all yours! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MS2